SWIP – Small Waste Incineration Plant 3 tonne per hour
Tidy Planet offer a standardised range of systems for processors of wastes and those wishing to set up small-scale, decentralised power generation plants. We can help you turn a waste problem into an opportunity, fix costs and generate income from increasingly costly waste streams.
We offer a full start-to-finish “waste in”, “energy out” turnkey solution, in a single contract that allows clients to concentrate on their business, while Tidy Planet manages, installs, and commissions the plant on their behalf.
With systems availability and performance guarantees in place and with full post installation support and maintenance packages, customers can be confident when investing in Tidy Planet EfW solutions.
In partnership with Sugimat Boilers and Turboden Electricity Generators, we are proud to offer our range of Energy from Waste (EfW) systems. Global legislation is now making the disposal of Refuse Derived Fuel (RDF) and Soil Recovered Fuel (SRF) increasingly difficult and expensive for waste management companies. Tidy Planet has proven systems to turn these wastes into valuable head and electricity resources.
Our range of systems spans from 2.5 to 30MW in a single boiler. With our standardised range of 3 -12MWth Small Waste Incineration Permit (SWIP) compliant EfW systems, we have the perfect size to suit your business’s individual requirements.
The fully optimised 3 tonnes per hour SWIP solution can be tailored to your site’s needs. Coupled with simpler planning and permitting, we can guarantee fast returns on investment, and you can be generating revenue in less than 18 months from the initial enquiry.
Uniquely in England and Wales, systems combusting less than 3 tonnes per hours of non-hazardous waste can be permitted as a SWIP by local authorities in as little as 6 months. Whereas larger systems require permitting by the Environment Agency, which typically takes longer.
- Under the SWIP scheme, you can combust up to 3 tonnes of non-hazardous waste per hour
- The system can be configured to handle several different waste types and specifications
- With Computer Vison Control, the system automatically controls the combustion process
- Typical wastes – CV range 9 to 22MJ/kg with moisture up to 40% and ash content less than 30%
- We offer vertical and horizontal boiler designs to suit different applications and size constraints
- The SWIP plant occupies a small site footprint of less than 2,500 m2, including fuel storage silos
- Guaranteed 8000-hour annual plant availability gives maximum output and minimum downtown
- The Computer Vison Control system reduces manpower and increases performance
- Flexible thermal outputs from 6MW to 12MW at 3 tonnes per hour dependent on fuel calorific value
- Can achieve net electrical output to 2.75Mwe with (CHP) combined head and power options available
- Greater availability of sub 3MW grid connections makes for easier distribution of electricity
- Our systems offer total flexibility on the type of heat and amount of electricity generated
- Our cost effective solutions offer Returns On Investment in less than 3 years
- Offers more opportunities for the self consumption of electricity on your site
- From enquiry to operation within 18 months (12 months from order)
- Long term fixing of waste processing overheads and site energy costs
- The SWIP system falls within local authority permitting, allowing for single agency approvals
- SWIPs are excluded from WI BREF requirements, as they have less than 3 tonnes per hour fuel input
- Follows EU/UK guidance for Best Available Technology for Waste Incineration
Our system is fully compliant with the UK/EU Industrial Emissions Directive (IED – formerly WID)
- Fuel handling and storage systems 1 to 3 days operation with automatic feed
- Optimised combustion and efficient heat recovery through IED-compliant boilers
- Emissions filtration and abatement to meet stringent UK/EU legislation
- Energy production and distribution in the form of thermal oil, steam, hot water, and electricity in any combination and at the highest efficiencies
- Delivery, installing, integration, and commissions of the plan